Sunday, October 9, 2011

rusty crusty yummy things.........

Anybody who knows me can tell you that I will rust or patina anything that sits still. I especially love to rust and patina cardboard to use in my art. Everything that I create has rust and cardboard in it somewhere.. I was making a few pieces for my Believe project (more about that later) and I decided to go ahead a do a few extra pieces. It has such a vintage feel to it.

This was a plain white paper doily that I rusted twice. It folds up to make an envelope, The piece of corrugated on top is done with blue patina.



I am addicted to the these little cardboard birdcages cut from rusted or patina corrugated. Birds and birdcages, nests and wings are all sparks that ignite my creativity. Almost everything that I create has a bird or something that relates to a bird in it. It just simply makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. simply delicious rusty loveliness... as only you can create... bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I run off to Italy for a few weeks and LOOK at the fabulous website you've created while I was gone. You know of course, your rusting has me totally weak in the knees. I am so happy to have this 'virtual' link to you, to your uniquely Tonya art, and to your beautiful studio.
    Miss you girlie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great, very cool rusty grungy things that I simply adore...... keep sharing. I want to see more.

    ReplyDelete